Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Serious Bloggers...
 
While I am not a consistent blogger, one
thing that I notice more often than not, there are two distinct forms of
blogging that have emerged. The first type try to pass wisdom through serious
and formal writing and never really show personality. It is as if they are
writing a published news column or an article for a peer-reviewed journal.

 
Then there are those who tell you what is
going on in life regardless of the importance of the content. These bloggers
find things in life that intrigue them and assume, by your subscription to
their blog, that you are interested in them, their life, or something about
their life to which you will not place judgment upon the randomness that they
share.

 
Point is, I like both. I like those who
can academically share something worth value, and I also like to know what is
going on in their life or organization. Point is, be dynamic. Shuffle it up. Contribute
to both sides. If you are sharing enough of your life by blogging, don’t take
yourself so seriously that your readers don’t know who you really are, and
conversely, those who have nothing worth while to write may not have all that
much of a following. 

 
 
Just
a thought. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kevin,

A resounding Amen! I can I predict or prescribe a format for my blog when it should be a window into my personality? So I agree, cover all the bases.

p.s. I hope you don't mind I added a link to your blog on mine.

lancepoole.blogspot.com