Friday, July 01, 2005

Apply What You Learn

I can now call myself a reader. Through all of school I could not stand the act, but now I find freedom in it, a place where I attempt to shut the world out and yet understand that world while I read.

One of the books I've read recently is "Never Eat Alone" by Keith Farrazzi. He is a marketing guru who wrote a book on utilizing and developing your personal network. Now in busniess, it is all about who you know and not about what you know. So I tried it out. I emailed a personal mentor of mind who lives here in the burg and asked him, exactly in the manor suggested in this book, if he knew anyone in the real estate industry that he would feel comfortable introducing me to.

2 Days later I had an interview. The man tried to talk me out of it in a vein attempt to test me. I wouldnt give in. He said the first step was to get my license, a 60 clock hour class, and a 65 dollar test. The class is offered at a local school here, not LU.

This is where God's providence comes in. With my benefits at the school, I am allowed to take $1500.00 in classes, per year, in which liberty does not offer. To make a long story short, I couldnt pay for the 290.00 class at the local school, but as it turns out LU is going to pay for it as part of this benefit.

In talking with a couple of friends, I found one that wants to take the class with me, his will be paid for as well by the school.

In this interview the other day, my interviewer O.J. (white guy) told me a story of a woman who wanted to start selling. She had not worked in 32 years, she was a house wife. OJ told her that he didnt hire people in her condition, but she told him that if God wanted her to be a realtor than that is what she was going to do, with or without this company. He hired her.

This woman was a huge success. God has placed this vision and connection in front of me, along with a connection into the largest privately owned realty firm in the US, and an attitude given to me by this woman, If God wants this to happen, then I will follow.

Its been a great week.

No comments: